Tuesday, October 7, 2014

French Style Hot Chocolate

 
 
It's that time of year again!!!
Ever since I was little, my favorite season has always been Fall. I look forward to it all year long, yearning for the brightly colored leaves during the gray depths of Winter, and the brisk chilly air, while enduring Summer heat waves. 
I love the colors, and the pumpkins, and the boots, and scarves, and I especially love cool October nights spent cuddling and reading, while sipping hot tea or cocoa.
So, in celebration of the season, I am posting a recipe for a wonderful French style cocoa I tried earlier this year.
 
Ingredients:
 4 oz semisweet chocolate
4 c milk
3/4 c half & half
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2  tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. Heavy whipping cream
Extra sugar
 
Directions:
 1. Melt chocolate in 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly, over low heat.
 
2. Gradually add the rest of the milk, the half & half, and all ingredients, except for vanilla.
 
3. Stir constantly, cooking over medium heat, until thoroughly heated.
 
4. Stir in vanilla.
 
5. Whip heavy whipping cream with extra sugar (to taste).
 
6. Serve cocoa in mugs, topped with whipped cream and nutmeg.
 
7. Enjoy while cuddled in front of the fire, or reading a book. ♥
 
~ Hannah ♥
 
 I did find this recipe here, if you are interested in looking at it, as I did not add the almond extract and added sugar to the whipped cream topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment