Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Week In

It has been (just over) a week since I committed myself to working on my health and taking better care of myself, and I have to admit that it has been harder than I thought it would be. I always forget how hard it is to break bad habits, and create good ones, until I actually try to change them.

I have actually done a pretty good job so far of eating better, but at the same time, it seems like the healthier I try to eat, the more I crave crappy foods. Now, when I am at home I eat well, because I hardly ever buy processed foods and I cook from scratch. The hard part is working in a restaurant where we serve lots of pizza and fried foods. I have started trying to make the effort to eat at home, before work, in the hopes that I don't become as hungry throughout my workday, but it's still a work in progress.

As far as any changes in diet, I'm focused on increasing my intake of certain foods, instead of focusing on what I "can't" or "shouldn't" have; MORE raw vegetables; MORE water; MORE good fats; MORE eating in. Of course, I am trying to cut back on things like processed sugars, bad fats, simple carbs, and caffeine, but based on articles I have read, changes seem to go a little smoother when you focus on "can" instead of cannot", and I refuse to beat myself up for slipping up.

The last couple of weeks I have also started to drink chaga tea, which I have read has amazing health benefits. Among other things, it is supposed to increase your metabolism and energy, is full of antioxidants, and supports the immune system. So far, there haven't been any noticeable changes, but I don't expect anything to happen overnight. I've been trying to drink at least a couple cups of chaga a day, which has probably been the easiest change so far.

In addition to changing my eating habits, I've been working on trying to exercise on a more regular basis, and working on my meditation and spirituality, but I will focus on that in a future post. For now I plan on staying positive and moving forward without stressing about things.

Wish me luck!

~ Hannah Elise ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment